Thank you to Miss Julia for sending us on a nostalgia trip this morning. Granted, we don’t always place a lot of importance on those feverishly reported stories that tend to look for connections between current fashion and old fashion. If you were to believe the fashion press, Cathy Cambridge and Meghan Markle never pick an outfit without checking to see what Princess Diana wore thirty years before; claims we can’t help but roll our eyes at every time they’re made. In other words, we wouldn’t normally claim this was deliberate, but it’s really hard to look at Julia Roberts at a polo match in polka dots without thinking of one of her most iconic roles in Pretty Woman. Julia being Julia, however, she had to go and Julia it up.
Yes the pants are a bit of a surprise and we’re not sure the peplum works but this is so cute and fresh and full of personality. We’re not used to seeing Julia have this much fun with her fashion. Love the shoes. It’s always hilarious watching lady stars at polo matches in stilettos trying to walk on grass.
– Michael Kors Collection Black-and-white Polka Dot Crepe de Chine Blouse and Cropped Pleated Trousers with a White Leather Belt from the Resort 2020 Collection
– Sara Weinstock Reverie 3 Cluster Ear Wires
– Octavia Elizabeth Yellow Gold Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond Single Stack and Four Stack Rings
– Oliver Peoples Sunglasses
– The Office of Angela Scott Shoes
Styled by Elizabeth Stewart | Hair by Chris McMillan | Makeup by Jillian Dempsey
[Photo Credit: Sara De Boer/startraksphoto.com, Courtesy of Michael Kors]