“In the Season 6 two-hour premiere ,’The Doorway,’ Don spearheads a new campaign, Roger gets some unsettling news, and Betty takes in a houseguest.”
Ah, hilariously vague Mad Men episode descriptions. How we’ve missed your ridiculousness.
Okay, we’re getting goosebumps just looking at these pictures. Sue us. We’re total fangurls. Scroll down to the bottom for our scattered thoughts.
- Obviously, it’s Christmas, which means the rest of the season will be spent in the explosive year of 1968. Good stuff coming.
- Check out Joannie’s ruffly blouse and vest. Very cute. We’re fairly sure that purple no longer has the significance in her costuming it once did.
- The return of Don’s Herb Tarlek jacket. Everyone laughed at it last season when he wore it to the Campbells’ dinner party but we maintain that in the context of the time, it was a pretty damn stylin’ look for a man his age.
- We think the biggest shock might be Roger, in his groovy double-breasted royal blue suit.
- Interesting that there are no shots of Betty, even though she’s mentioned in the description. We know she’s back to fighting trim in the promo shots that were released, but we wonder if she’s still battling her weight for this episode.
[Photo Credit: Michael Yarish/AMC]