In or Out: Olivia Wilde in Chloé

Posted on August 16, 2011

Oh, Miss Livvie. You really have to stop this. We’d like to feature someone else on the red carpet, but you insist on showing up in these eminently discussable outfits every time.

Clever girl.

Olivia Wilde attends the 2011 VH1 Do Something Awards in a Chloé gown paired with Jimmy Choo shoes and Dana Rebecca Designs jewelry.

Chloé Resort 2012 Collection/Model: Jacquelyn Jablonski



Okay. It would be good to start off with the parts we liked. Don’t worry, it won’t take long.

1) The color. 75% of red carpet wear is either metallic, white, black, or some variation on “nude.” In other words, practically colorless. The other 25% is mostly taken up by shades or red and the occasional blue. It’s refreshing to see a mint green for once.

2) The makeup. She’s beautiful, but she’s got some sharp, striking features and a lot of the time, her hair and makeup don’t seem to take that into account, leaving her looking a little Robot Girl. Here, she looks soft and pretty. That hair? We can accept it, but we’re not crazy about it.

Now. Let’s discuss the things we don’t like:

1) The dress.

VOTE NOW!

IN! She looks li–

 

Oh, all right. We’ll give you the rundown: crimes of excessive pleating, crimes of giving a grown woman angel wings, crimes of limp, sad necklines, crimes of far-too-large keyholes, crimes of awkward hem length. Also, the shoes look too heavy and don’t seem to go with the dress. Clutch is nice.

 

VOTE NOW!

IN! She looks like a minty fresh angel!

OUT! Sexually confused sister-wife

Y’know, she really needs to get away from the polygamy cult looks because we’re getting tired of busting out that joke.

Jason Momoa’s unfortunate attempt to “Clark Kent” his innate studliness failed and the minions rose up as one to declare him OUT.


[Photo Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images for VH1, style.com]

 

Please review our Community Guidelines before posting a comment. Thank you!

blog comments powered by Disqus